Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Daily Inspiration: Keep on Reading…

 

   Sometimes, having a “grown up life” allows me less free time then I had as a teenager. I always enjoyed reading, and would often devour a book every day or two back then. Nowadays, I cannot keep up with that volume, of course, but I still try to read as often as my busy life allows me to.

   This week, I am reading a graphic novel, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (v.1), as well as a novel, John Dies at the End. When I cannot get the words out to write, I resort to reading. It is a great way to find inspiration. By studying other author’s voices, one can help hone their own, and realize how they’d like to write (or, what they want to avoid sounding like).

   If it turns out that you haven’t read a book in a while, (whether “a little while” is a week, a month or a year), I hope that you are inspired to pick one up and start reading! You never know what you may find.

LEG

JDATE

No comments:

Post a Comment